Saturday, September 20, 2008
WOW! It's been three years since I last posted. Way too much has happened and not in a good way. I lost my job at IBM. Seems if you actually possess a brain and (gawd forbid) use it on the job, it's a one way ticket to the street. Idiots seldom (if ever) care to be enlightened. Well, at least now I can say what I want about how they treat workers. I worked on their 300mm production line as a tech. It was akin to...did you ever see the film Marathon Man? An evil, old Nazi performed a bit of dental hijinks on Dustin Hoffman's character. Working at IBM was similar and the same advice applied...keep your mouth shut...tight. Threatening words regarding the dreaded layoff were swung over heads. Numbers people...let's make those numbers! Quality? WTF is that? Smells like butt to me! Management was (probably remains) A.D.D zombies. It's hard to get quality work when each level of management has its collective nose firmly planted...well, you get the gist I'm sure. I never intened a rant on IBM until a friend and co-worker (Michael Poplees) was fired for publicly speaking to the press regarding the treatment of workers. Whatever happened to our basic freedoms? Somewhere along the way corporate America has forgotten on whose backs their businesses are carried. Shame...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment